Monday, July 25, 2011

Salomon X Trail Run 2010

Salomon X Trail Run 2010Latest News Update About Salomon X Trail Run 2010: Salomon has been one of my best choices when I started to perform Adventure Racing and trail running back in the early 2000.??? Salomon's trail shoes have never once failed to impress me since the day I owned one myself." Salomon has been one of my best choices when I started to perform Adventure Racing and trail running back in early 2000.


The current XA Pro 3D Ultra GTX and XT Wings has performed extremely well for all my trainings and races. What I enjoy most about Salomon footwear is its stability and performance level. It is built with a low platform that provides top-notch trail feel and unparalleled stability. I have used them in the Multi Days Abu Dhabi Adventure Race and North Face 100 in Singapore for the past 2 years. I also had no issue in using it to run up and down the Sabah Climbathon.


Early this year, I was fortunate to be the first few in Singapore to run with their top range racing shoe – Salomon S-LAB 2. It is one of the best shoes I have ever worn all these years from Salomon for racing. Well cushioned and certainly light on weight, you can easily fly with it when going downhill. It certainly causes less fatigue to your leg when you are going for the distance.






Salomon's trail shoes have never once failed to impress me since the day I owned one myself. The shoes are famous in its top-rated materials and technologies that are well-built and catered for miles and miles of adventure running. Salomon has consistently launch numerous models of running footwear catering to different runners' needs and wants, and 'til today, I have worn many other models for different running purposes.


Friends of mine that purchased and ran with the S-LAB 2 were all very impressed with the shoe for its stability and good rear cushion. This shoe is good for both road and trail. What it can look to improve is its cushioning in the front which some of them found too thin on the trail. I found it alright though.


One of the greatest aspects of Salomon shoes is its overall stability. This is due to the low-profile nature of the 3D Chassis, which spreads your weight across a wide and low platform which also contributes to pronation support and forefoot protection.

I have been using the S-LAB 2 for races since Feb 2010. I have used it in 2 adventure races in Singapore and a 30km off road running race in Malaysia's native forest with much comfort and support. There was no issue in water drainage from the shoe after crossing each water point – a crucial feature which prevents you from carrying extra weight.


As for the upcoming Salomon X-Trail run, a good pair of trail shoes is necessary for you to tackle the trail at Macritchie Reservoir. Some of the paths can be quite rocky and certainly you will need a trail shoe to prevent too much lateral movement while you are negotiating corner and turns.


If you would like to run comfortable in the race I would suggest you start your training now. Get into the trail and feel the fun on the trail.


- Kim Hong is a Salomon Sponsored Athlete.






No comments:

Post a Comment