Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Singapore Open Golf 2010

Singapore Open Golf 2010Lates News About Update Singapore Open Golf 2010, World number four Phil Mickelson is looking at ending the year on a high, with a win at the Barclays Singapore Open. The event, which starts on Thursday, is considered the richest golf open in Asia with a total prize money of US$6 million. Last year, Englishman Ian Poulter lifted the trophy and the first prize of US$833,000.


That task will be tougher for him and the other competitors this year, with a bigger field of 204 golfers spread over 2 courses.






Upping the ante for the competitors are the four major winners of 2010, namely Graeme McDowell (US Open), Martin Kaymer (US PGA Championship), Phil Mickelson (Masters) and Louis Oosthuizen (Open Championship), who are also competing in Singapore.


American Phil Mickelson, winner of the 2010 Masters, is hoping he’s fourth time lucky at Sentosa.


The left-handed golfer and former world number 2, has also seen a slide in his ranking.


“Everybody is striving to be World No 1, and I had a great chance after the Masters, I’ve had great chances throughout this summer.


“I had not played the level of golf that I expect of myself and this off season will give me a chance to work on the areas that my game needs to improve on and hopefully make 2011 the year that I expected here 2010. But the Barclays Singapore Open gives me one more chance to make this a multiple win,” he said.






No comments:

Post a Comment