Monday, November 22, 2010

Flintoff Retires From All Cricket

Flintoff Retires From All CricketSports News: Andrew Flintoff announced his retirement from all cricket on Thursday as he admitted defeat in his battle against a persistent right knee injury.

“It is with both disappointment and sadness that I am today (Thursday) announcing my retirement from all forms of cricket,” former England captain Flintoff said in a statement released by his agents, International Sports Management (ISM).





The decision to end my career came yesterday (Wednesday) after consultation with medical advisers,” added the 32-year-old all-rounder, who quit the Test format after helping England regain the Ashes last year. “Having been told that my body would no longer stand up to the rigours of cricket, I had no alternative but to retire. “I would like to thank my family, Lancashire Cricket Club, England, all my sponsors, friends and advisers for all the help and support they have given me throughout my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment