Sunday, December 26, 2010

Rod Carew

Rod CarewRod Carew will be signing at a card show on September 25th. I would love to add a Carew autograph to my collection but the price for his autograph seems a little steep. $125 for bats and jerseys and $65 for everything else. The price includes 1 inscription, additional inscriptions are $20 each. If I get his autograph it would be on a ball and I would limit myself to 1 inscription, so it would cost me $65. Is a Rod Carew autograph worth $65? Don’t get me wrong, Rod Carew won the Rookie of the Year award in 1967, AL MVP in 1977, was an 18 time All-Star, won 7 batting titles, is a member of the 3000 hit club and was elected into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1991. I get it, but $65 just seems like a lot to me. Maybe I am just cheap, I don’t know. I’m still up in the air on whether or not I am going to get his autograph at the show or not. I can pick up plently of his certified autographed cards on eBay for a heck of a lot less than $65. What are your thoughts?



No comments:

Post a Comment